Additional Allowance: TLR2B (£5705 - 23/24 Rates)
About the school:
At Notley High School and Braintree Sixth Form, we are an ambitious inclusive 11-19 mixed comprehensive school that places the journey of the child at the centre of everything we do - learning together and succeeding together to be the best that we can be.
Notley High School and Braintree Sixth Form is part of the Bridge Academy Trust: a collegiate and collaborative Trust, where, first and foremost, each school is a place of (high quality) learning, where young people ENJOY, ENRICH & ACHIEVE. The core purpose is to provide high quality continuity of every child’s journey through education from 3 to 19, with a community and school-led school improvement approach and long-term sustainable strategy.
About the Role:
The professional duties of all teachers are set out in the STPCD and describe the duties required of all main pay range posts. In addition, the job description of the requirements of the post of Subject Leader at Notley High School & Braintree Sixth Form are:
- To effectively lead and manage the Subject Area.
- To be a role model for outstanding classroom practice.
- Ensure that students achieve to the best of their potential.
- Use data effectively to identify areas of weakness and plan appropriate interventions.
- Support other Subject Area members to use data effectively to identify areas of weakness and plan and execute challenging and differentiated lessons.
- Maintain high academic standards.
- Generate and maintain enthusiasm for the subject(s) in both students and staff.
- Nurture a team ethos within the Subject Area which is mutually challenging and supportive.
- Maintain a curriculum which is appropriate, challenging and inspirational.
- Carry out the duties of school teacher as set down in the teacher’s Pay and Conditions document.
Accountable To: Headteacher, line managed by Deputy Headteacher, Assistant Headteacher or Curriculum Leader where appropriate
Experience and Qualification Requirements:
- Qualified Teacher Status
- A degree in a relevant subject
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development
How to Apply:
To apply for the role, please complete the application form and recruitment monitoring form demonstrating how your skills and experience match the criteria in the Job Description and Person Specification and return directly to Notley High School and Braintree Sixth Form.
Application guidance notes are also available to assist you with completing your application.
For further details and to submit your application, please contact:
01376 556300 (via the school reception)
This Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments will be subject to DBS clearance and satisfactory references. If successful, an enhanced DBS check would be sought.
Bridge Academy Trust welcomes applications from those of all backgrounds, faiths and ethnic groups.